Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Interesting Dreams

Normally I don't remember my dreams. This week I've been house sitting and the new place and extra-friendly dog have caused me to wake up in the night and be conscience enough to remember. (When some 50 pound thing jumps on your bed you take notice =0)) I had two wild ones and thanks to blogging, this random info makes it online.

Last nights really made me think. In it I was back in Asia and visiting a poor family. They were all excited about their daughter getting a free move to the US. Somehow I knew that this was not on the up and up and the people taking her were actually traffickers and she'd be abused. I don't really know why I couldn't stop her in the dream, but what I did do was go up to her and tell her how special she was and what rights she had as a human.

Recently I've been spending some time looking at the issue of human trafficking and displacement of people. (Probably where this dream came from). Suddenly it just had a face. What if it was someone who was special to me?

No comments: