Monday, June 05, 2006

A Bit of Superstition?

When my friends and I took the 8-hour, written section of our certification exam we spent some quality time in Walmart searching for a good pencil. We found these "Black Warrior" things and afterward took a picture holding them up. When I took the NET and went back to school this semester I once again grabbed my black pencil. Unfortuately being the perfectionist I am, my just-barely - on my first exam gave me doubts. I found that once I switched writing utensils my almost daily quiz grades rose. Yes yes, I know I can't contibute this to a pen or pencil (I should give my amazing intellect some credit), but there is something comfortable about having a special, friendly writing utensil when you're under pressure.

Tomorrow I have 2 hour-long exams (one in each class). I have used up my Black Warriors and am doubting their powers. When I walked into the store today I found a pack of 6 Napoleon Dynamite #2 pencils for only a dollar. I think this was a sign. I bought them and have sharpened them. Surely Napoleon and Kip won't let me down.

It took me like 3 hours to finish the shading on that bubble sheet...there's more of where that came from if you give me an A

No comments: