Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Selective Hearing

Ever had the experience of sounding like a COMPLETE idot because you couldn't comprehend what someone was saying. As if your hearing is selective due to the fact your brain is not even going the direction of the speaker...

Ok, here's my story. I was talking to a former MK who is now a midwife. I told her a bit of my story and where I was at in my decision making. She was recommending a certain university to me as I took down notes.

"Now what school is that?.." - I ask like a complete idito cuz she's said it twice already.
"Yale, New Haven" - she responds
"What school?" (thinking for sure this must be a Pennsylvania school somewhere near by)
"YALE...in New Haven...you know Yale in Conneticut"

Right...light goes on...oh yeah...yale as in prestigious university never even entering into my brain...never considered it...yeah...Yale...maybe I need to stop using the blonde glaze on my hair.

(Wasn't Legally Blonde filmed there...o wait, that was Harvard)

No comments: