Thursday, March 30, 2006

Home?!?

I made it back to my parents place and have been delaying my blog post. As I unpacked my suitcase it seemed so final...I'm here...and what is here...is this "home"? Relationships and life have changed. This is my old bed, but a different woman has returned.

Today I met with my pastor and things kind of came to a head before that meeting. I've been talking to missions organizations and to local schools. Sometimes it seems like my experience does not count for anything in their eyes. (Having to almost start from scratch)

My dad sat me down and asked me if I really thought I had wasted the last 2-3 years of my life or had gone to Asia without God's clear guidance. Though I often doubt myself, I KNOW God lead me to Asia. I KNOW he was with me at every step. I KNOW the time was not wasted and I learned valuable things and will be better prepared in the future. I KNOW He loves me.

Now it's just my choice to BELIEVE that all of this works into a pattern for good and nothing in my life has taken God by surprise. In my timeline I think I should have been settled into my long term post by now. I think what God's trying to show me is that there is more than just my imagined goal. There is a process of molding and shaping he wants to perform ALONG THE WAY.

No comments: