Saturday, July 28, 2007

Oh My Aching Feet

So far week 1 as a waitress has been crazy, especially since this is the opening weekend of the restaurant. By the time this weekend is finished (Th-Sun) I may be over 40 hours. All of my "guests" have been great, but I knew eventually the chips would fall and I'd get one of those tables everyone tells me about when they mention the short duration of their waitressing career.

It was a large party and wouldn't you know that I forgot the salads. Ok, so every OTHER salad is prepared automatically in the back, but if someone orders THIS ONE SALAD I have to fill out a special ticket. Being its only my first week into my waitressing career I messed up and they are late. But seriously...the ONE SALAD...can't we fix that in the computer?

Then the grill messed up the order and someone took it out lacking an entire meal. This means I have to fill out a special ticket so a manager will take it to the table and try to overcome the mistake. And then we need so many little things...not one but two different salad dressings for the itty bity salad...it goes on

They were sweet and boy did I try to put on my best face but I wanted to cry and run. We had a new trainer helping me and she said, "don't worry the table will turn over soon". You'd think she told me I had gotten a full scholarship...yes it was true...in less than 30 minutes I could bank on the fact that I would get a brand new set and could start fresh.

I think I'll go put up my feet. Tomorrow there will be a "new table" in the journey of life.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

congrats on finishing your first week of work. i love you and miss you. i do read your blog i just don't comment. its like me sending emails and calling i am a flake but i think about you all the time and read your blog to keep up on you.