Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Corporate Dancing

I have recently been hired by a nation-wide restaurant chain as a server. Our 10 day training sessions all begin with beat-pumping music and the requirement we stand, clap, and smile. Those of us who dare are encouraged to move with the appropriate hand motions to such favorites as "YMCA", "Grease Lightning", and other dance favorites. As these are the national trainers I have to believe this is part of the corporate emphasis on building unity and fun. (all while required to wear a starched shirt?)

I had to laugh when I think about our crazy dance parties in the birth center in Asia. After (or during) a busy shift we'd run to the living room and make the most of lip synching and really bad dance moves for stress relief. Liza & Sarah could be living large had they known to market this strategy to national corporations. We obviously missed our calling...(that and making instructional videos)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey,

i have no time now to post anything of importnace, but wanted you to know im still reading your blog. someones still out there