Its been a few weeks since mom left, but I finally have the photos in my computer. There are quite a few pics we SHOULD have taken....both mom and I sleeping on the floor of my efficiency
...friday night dinner with everyone crowded in my place for taco salad
...the parking lots of the museums we visited which should have tipped us off that they might not be so exciting. =0))
We went to a lot of museums and "attractions". I took mom to some local bbq places and an excellent Mexican place with amazing enchiladas. She also got to see how well I can find free meals and spread them out throughout the week to stretch the groceries. =0)) On Sunday not only did we have the monthly church potluck, but then Marc & Amy hosted the "we built a porch" party.Mom got to visit my church and I'm glad she enjoyed it. I took her over to school to meet my instructors and various faculty. They put in a good word for me. (and now dad knows that I really do go to school)
Looking at the various windmills used in West Texas. You can see downtown in the background.

A motor-less glider from WWII...imagine landing while on those benches...ouch.
The park near my house. Yes, that's Texas!
Looking for prairie dogs at the local prairie dog park...yep the picture captures the swell of excitement of standing in that field squinting to see them.
So she got to meet my crazy friends and see a little bit of my life. My first visitor!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment