Tuesday, January 02, 2007

An Unexpected Consult

When I went to work on New Years Day I expected to see young people with bloodshot eyes and headaches. However, it was my 70-some year old co-worker who came to me complaining of a migraine and hangover. People at work don't know that I've been a midwife (except for my one filippino friend) but word has gotten around that I have a few home remedies and tricks up my sleeve when they are sick. (O, and I did assisted a customer who fainted the other day)

So I asked my co-worker to tell me everything and every time he'd taken something that day. Between Asprin, Ibuprofen, Excedrin and his current meds I was pretty sure he shouldn't take any more. I recommended a large Coke and apparently it got him through. So maybe in two years when I have more letters behind my name I'll have a more technical answer, but sometimes its just the simple things that work.

No comments: