This past week was hyped as my last week of freedom before nursing school. However, I spent most of it at work, in bed, or near a toilet due to the 3-day migraine I "enjoyed". The weather out here has been bad and I hope my head will lighten when the pressure outside lets up. This morning they were telling people to stay home and many churches canceled services. At first I was a bit bummed about the day, but I read some chapters in Genesis and mused about life.After checking email and myspace and getting yet another round of wedding announcements I decided to make it a good day. I did have to venture out on some ice covered side streets to get
a meal to a family at church with a new baby. However, as the afternoon wore on I decided it was just time to put on the reindeer fleece pjs and make it my personal snow day. As the stereo pumped out tunes I pulled out my scrapbook bag. I have not scrapbooked since leaving Asia. (almost a year now)My pot of soup is brewing on the stove and perhaps I will get back to my book on the perspectives of election. Yes, this is a fun snow day. Sometimes you need that!
O, and just a note to all my TX friends...um...no one told me about all this cold and snow and ice!

No comments:
Post a Comment