Sunday, October 29, 2006

Using X-ray Vision on the Fridge

Does anyone else look in their fridge expecting that maybe this time something new will appear? I realize that I will open mine around meal time to check even though I know full well there is only water jugs, beans, rice, half pieces of fruit and left over asian noodles. But somehow I have an urge to check. Why? Do I really think a dozen eggs will have been laid in there overnight?

At times like this I miss the little corner store on the street...The kind you find overseas whereby you can walk a few yards and by anything individually. Instead, the only solution is to make the treck to the super-mega food institution and battle the horrible west Texas drivers for a parking space (the drivers who are more deranged on the weekends)...I'll just heat up some noodles.

No comments: