This weekend I drove about 2 1/2 hours north to crash my friends family reunion (well...not exactly I was invited) On Saturday we slipped out with her brother to browse some vintage shops. Unfortuately the downtown area was mostly closed for the day, so we could only look through a few antique shops. We found some marvelous ladies hats from about the 40's. I had just been reading Emily Posts 1940 ed section on clothing and mused that it might be fun to wear gloves and hats (though in cowboy country I'm sure I'd stick out)
Tomorrow is Big-Comprehensive-Terror-Of-All-Terrors Chemistry Exam II. My spare time is consumed in my books hoping something will sink in. (And on the phone Andrea reminds me I promised to take something less than a 4.0 on one class this semester...um...we have that covered for SURE.) Slowly I've identified the smart kids in class and boldly approach them multiple times per week for help. (besides my email tutors) They just weren't the ones I was expected....like the kid behind and slightly to the side of me that always comes in his hunting camo, yet knows so much more about chem than me. Or the guy with the spiked hair and earings?
My hours of stocking shelves have continued to motivate me to finish school. My trainer at work is a 17 year old kid who talks so incredibly fast and legally has to be out by 10pm. He was rattling off codes like mad and I made a mental not to bring a notepad next time cuz I can't keep up with everything. I'm slowly getting to hear peoples stories. A lot of these folks have families and work 2-3 jobs. I know Jesus is here, but sometimes as I'm in asiles by myself for hours I wonder where he's working. And me...I'm just the new chick who doesn't know anything. "Can I help you find something?"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment