Sunday, October 15, 2006

Another Good End

It's in my work agreement that I was not supposed to be schedualed this morning, but alas I ended up working 9 hours. Looks like its been fixed on following weeks. The day seemed to drag so slow, even with a few distractions of hunting for items in the back. The computer flashes a big ugly sign at you if it thinks you aren't being efficient enough in helping people (lovely, huh?). As I was preparing to leave I could hear the rolls of thunder and the rain beating on the building. People were lined up at the door waiting for their friends to drive up so they would not get wet.

But me...I just let myself get drenched. The clothes needed to be washed anyway and you can always dry hair. I bent my head back a bit to get the full effect and just took in the cool air. I was sorely tempted to splash in some puddles. Do you remember being a kid and wanting to play in the rain? I highly recommend standing in the rain everynow and then. Sure, let the wrinkle-free pants get wet and the mascara runs like mad, but its quite freeing! And unlike many other places your house doesn't flood....there is no raw sewage floating in the flooding street..and in just a few minutes you can change into something warm.

No comments: