Saturday, August 04, 2007

Melissa & The Trainee

In my second weekend working on the floor of the restaurant they decided to give me a trainee. She apologized saying she'd never been a waitress to which I replied "join the club this is my second weekend". Putting someone on the floor for the first time on a busy Friday night is intense. I'm not one to stand around and we were moving a mile minute and often getting triple sat.

The manager mentioned my job was to "keep her calm". Wait, why does this seem familiar? By 9pm she was in the manager's office asking to go home. =0)) Ok, she was scheduled till then, but she was asking "PLEASE let me go home"

School starts bright and early on Monday morning. I was up in the office of our activities director yesterday. We were looking at the calendar for our student nurse assoc. and my only thought was "WHAT was I thinking". This is going to be one intense semester. Please send Trader Joe soy and flax chips to.......

No comments: