Monday, March 12, 2007

NOW I remember

Part of my break was to be dedicated to some sewing projects. While I might have images of Project Runway in my head...my $20 Shark machine and rusty sewing hands keep me grounded. Its been at least about 3 years since I seriously sewed. In Asia it was just more practical and fun to hit up thrift stores with amazing finds from Hong Kong. I figured it was best to start with a shirt before I went on to my "designer coat"

Tonight I remembered why I never excelled in sewing. My tunic was going great UNTIL I tried to put on a sleeve...a yes...this was always my thorn. I just can't do a good sleeve. Its too tight and puckered and I can't seem to work it out. Billy Blanks is working his magic on my arms, but since my arm is not likely to shrink I think I'll have to keep working on it...maybe tomorrow.

To a kinesthetic/auditory learner the directions I read online are NOT helpful. Here's a picture (DON'T laugh) As you'll notice its still rough with pins holding the edging and it needs to be ironed.

No comments: