I had to dust off more powdery snow from my car as I prepared to go to RUF tonight. Have you noticed snow's sound? Perhaps it is just that I recognize a lack of sound. The streets of the university were silent as I walked up the stone steps. I love the glow of light around the city and was willing to put up with the icy bite to my extremities to enjoy the moment.
The message was not your usual - it was on our acceptance in Christ and justification. The crowd was small due to the weather and we were left with mostly regulars. We laughed about how we second guess who we are based on a holiday and what we are doing. Were you the only one on the Facebook news feed who did NOT get a gift? =0))
Afterwards we were in the student union for a game/speed dating type set up. Some were fun....others were just awkward as the person took 3 words to answer the open ended question adn then just stared at me for the rest of the 90minutes.
Later my friend and I were discussing why we have these deep insecurities that seem to come out. We feel like confident people, but then something will happen and that other person is "totally out of my league" or so much better than me. Where does that come from?
I didn't see anyone taking pictures, and perhaps you couldn't capture a very nice snowy end to my Valentines day. It was weird, ordinary, but a lot of fun. (now back to reality of studying....)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment